Mon, 02 2020
Hearty Beef Stew
It's easy to learn how to make hearty beef stew. hearty beef stew is one of my favorite menu.
How to make hearty beef stew easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the hearty beef stew! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 lb beef roast, cubed
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 celery, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp each: dried basil & dried oregano
- 1 tbsp each: garlic powder &onion powder
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp flour or corn starch
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 cup cold water
- salt and pepper
- Toss raw beef cubes in all the flour and set aside.
- Heat up pot to medium high with half of the oil.
- Once the oil heats up (about two minutes) add your beef and flour mixture.
- Sear the beef until all sides are browned. It's alright if the beef is still raw. It'll get cooked in the liquid later! (It's okay if the flour and beef drippings are stuck to the pot. THAT'S FLAVOR!)
- Remove the beef and add in the rest of the oil. Toss in the carrots and celery.
- Add the beef back into the pot of veggies. Add salt and pepper. (I added in about a few teaspoons at a time of each. Just to my liking)
- Add in paprika, garlic and onion powder, basil and oregano, tomato paste, and Worcester sauce. Stir and cook together for about two minutes.
- Turn up the heat to high. Slowly add in cold water. At first adding in one cup and scraping the bottom of the pot. The 'flavor' at the bottom of the pot will loosen up. The add in the rest of the water.
- I like my stew thick, but if you like it a little more on the soupy side, add in another cup of water.
- Add the potatoes and turn the heat up to boil. When it boils, turn it down to medium-low. This is your chance to taste the stew and adjust the seasonings.
- Let the stew bubble on medium-low for about an hour-stirring at least every fifteen minutes. Taste once again for seasonings. (Potatoes LOVE salt). And serve with crusty Italian bread!
That's hearty beef stew, Special thanks to SleeplessMess for making this delicious recipe.