Thu, 02 2020
Marmorkuchen (German Marble Cake)
It's easy to learn how to make marble cake. marble cake is one of my favorite menu.
How to make marble cake easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the marble cake! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 250 g soft butter
- 300 g sugar
- 8 eggs (7 eggs if large)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp rum or sour cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean pod, seeds scraped out (optional)
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest (from about 1/2 lemon)
- 375 g cake flour (or 300 g flour + 75 g starch)
- 8 g baking powder
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Powdered sugar to dust
- 1 round bundt/ring cake form (I used a 26 cm round ring cake form)
- Oil and dust with flour your cake form. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter with 1/3 of the sugar until fluffy. Then, alternating with the eggs, add the rest of the sugar spoon by spoon mixing each time you add sugar or an egg. Beat until you have a very well beaten and fluffy batter.
- Mix in the salt, rum or sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Sieve in a third of the flour and mix well. Mix the rest of the flour with the baking powder and gradually mix in.
- Fill the form with half of the batter.Add 2-3 Tbsp cocoa powder to the rest of the batter along with the cinnamon if using. Pour in the dark batter on top of the light batter.
- With a fork, work the two batters together with spiral motions. Even out the top so it's level.
- Bake at 180°C for about 45-60 minutes (test by inserting a toothpick or skewer into the cake. If it comes out clean it’s done). Mine took 45 minutes in this pan.
- Let the cake cool briefly then remove onto a cake rack. Let cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Slice and serve with coffee or tea.
That's marble cake, Special thanks to Felice for making this delicious recipe.