Sat, 02 2020
Mike's 100 Clove Roasted Garlic SpreadCook time : 45 mins, 6 servings
It's easy to learn how to make roasted garlic spread recipe. roasted garlic spread recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make roasted garlic spread recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the roasted garlic spread recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 100 Clove Roasted Garlic Spread
- 100 clove Fresh Garlic [look for the whitest & most aromatic cloves you can find]
- 2 tbsp Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Cracked Sea Salt [or more]
- 1/2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Sun Dried Tomatoes [seasoned in oil - chopped]
- to taste Granulated Sugar
- 2 large Sheets Tinfoil
- Quality Crackers [i.e., trisket roasted garlic crackers are the best with this]
- 1 loaf Quality Sturdy Bread
- Flavor Boosting Options
- Red Pepper Flakes [add during roasting]
- Lemon Wedges [served to the side of dip]
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Chop the small brown ends from garlic cloves. Place garlic on two sheets of tinfoil.
- Coat garlic cloves in garlic olive oil. Add all seasonings and coat cloves well.
- Double wrap your garlic. You don't want her to burn. Wrap garlic up tightly.
- ● Roast garlic for 45 minutes. Test your garlic. If a knife goes thru them easily - they're fully cooked. ● Lightly coat thick bread slices in butter or olive oil and place in the oven with your garlic. Bake bread for 8 minutes or less depending upon the thickness of your slices.
- Smash your warm garlic with a potato masher or fork.
- Taste test your garlic mixture and see if you'd like to add more cracked sea salt. Sea salt really does make this dish!
- Chop sun dried tomatoes and mix well into your smashed roasted garlic clove mixture.
- Seal her up tight and let her sweat for a half hour. Stir intermittently.
- I typically Mason jar these and give them as gifts.
- ● Serve spread warm or cold on toasted bread, quality crackers or heavy duty chips. Roasted Garlic Trisket Crackers are the BOMB with this spread! ● Here in New Mexico, we typically squeeze lemon or lime wedges on everything we eat. But, lemon tastes much better on this spread IMHO. Consider those additions. They really do pair well and contradict the sweetness of the garlic and the sun dried tomatoes. Enjoy!
That's roasted garlic spread recipe, Special thanks to MMOBRIEN for making this delicious recipe.