Thu, 02 2020
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew
It's easy to learn how to make slow-cooked stew recipe. slow-cooked stew recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make slow-cooked stew recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the slow-cooked stew recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 lb Chuck Stew Meat
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4-6 medium potatos peeled + cubed (You can use any potatoes)
- 2-3 cups carrots (I cut up baby carrots)
- 4 stalks Celery chopped
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can cut green beans drained
- 1 1/2 packets McCormick Beef Stew
- 1-2 Boxes Beef Broth (I use Collage Inn)
- Salt & Pepper
- After you have trimmed and cut your meat. Mix flour with a Sprinkle of McCormick, Salt & Pepper in a ziploc bag or a covered container. Put your meat in and Shake it up! Make sure each one is covered. You can also season your meat before the flour or while in the pan.
- Heat a oil in a deep pan. Tap off any excess flour. Then put floured meat in the pan to get a sear.
- Brown all sides then remove with a slotted spoon or tongs and put into pot. Then brown your onions in the same pan.
- Put your onions into pot. All this yummy goodness is what left. :)
- In a large measuring cup, Mix 3 cups Water & McCormick Beef Stew Packet. Put the mixture in the pan as it heats use a wisk and/or spoon to mix the beef glaze from the bottom of the pan into the liquid. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- As all that Yummy Goodness simmers, put your potatos & veggies into the pot.
- Pour the liquid from the pan over meat & veggies. Fill the rest with beef broth & water. Cook high 6hrs or low 8hrs. The gravy might not be thick enough in the beginning but the starch from potatos & the flour from the meat will thicken things up but if it needs to be thicker towards the end add some roux. Add a little at a time. It will thicken as the roux cooks & be careful not to change the flavors.
That's slow-cooked stew recipe, Special thanks to Theresa for making this delicious recipe.