Thu, 02 2020
Cute and Easy Spritz Cookies for Hina Matsuri (Doll Festival)
It's easy to learn how to make spritz cookies recipe. spritz cookies recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make spritz cookies recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the spritz cookies recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 90 grams Cake flour
- If cake flour 60 g + katakuriko 40 g = 100 g is substituted for the 90 g of cake flour, the result will be a lighter texture.
- 40 grams Margarine or butter
- 40 grams Milk
- 30 grams Sugar (white sugar)
- 1 dash Matcha
- 1 small quantity on the tip of a toothpick Red food coloring
- For a variation on this recipe, see
- Melt the margarine and milk in the microwave for 5-10 seconds. I recommend using margarine to play up the flavors of matcha and anko.
- Add in the sugar and mix well.
- Add the flour and mix. There's no need to sift.
- Divide the dough roughly into 4 parts. Mix in about the same amount of anko (not listed in ingredients) as the dough.
- The anko dough will be a larger quantity due to the addition of anko so take care to set aside a smaller portion.
- Make the red food coloring cookie dough and matcha dough. Adjust the food coloring/matcha powder according to your own taste.
- Stack each dough on a piece of plastic wrap.
- Roll the wrap as though you are using a sushi rolling mat. Take care not to roll the plastic wrap into the dough.
- Put the plastic-wrapped roll into a pastry bag. A bigger pastry bag will be easier to use. Here, I used a star-shaped tip.
- Pipe the dough in a circular fashion. The individual colored dough will come out beautifully together.
- Piping a wavy pattern is beautiful too.
- If you pipe the dough into smaller cookies, they'll be similar to hina arare (Doll Festival cookies) and look cuter.
- If decorating with dragées they should be sprinkled on the cookie dough before baking. If decorating with chocolate wait until the cookies are baked.
- Preheat oven to 170°C (338 Fahrenheit). Bake for 12-15 minutes at 170°C (338 Fahrenheit). Adjust time according to the brownness of the cookies.
- Even a little bit of decoration makes these cookies cute! The kids loved them.
- Decorated with sugar craft. It's ideal for times when you want to make just a little. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146717-sugar-crafted-flowers
- Here they are in a simpler arrangement with a greater Japanese influence.
That's spritz cookies recipe, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.