Wed, 03 2020
Split green pea soupCook time : -, 1 Serving
It's easy to learn how to make using combination cooking method. using combination cooking method is one of my favorite menu.
How to make using combination cooking method easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the using combination cooking method! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp thyme leaves,dried
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4-6 cloves Garlic, presses or finely minced
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth low sodium (add another cup if you want thinner broth)
- 1 lb Green Split Peas (rinced)
- 1 tsp liquid smoke optional for vegetarian version
- 1/2 tsp salt kosher or 1/4 tsp table salt (add after cooking if needed)
- Optional meats you can use: (or combination of them)
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 small ham hocks
- 2-3 cups diced leftover ham (which is all I use)
- Turn the pressure cooker on to the Sauté function. Let it warm up and add the olive oil and butter.
- Add the onion, celery, bay leaves, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to turn translucent
- Add the carrots, garlic, bacon or ham, if using, and pepper and cook for a minute
- Add broth, hambone or ham hock, if using, (Add liquid smoke, if using, for vegetarian method). Let come to a simmer.
- Stir in split peas.
- Place the lid on the pot and lock it in place. Set the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
- Cancel the sauté function and Choose Pressure Cook/Manual, and use the + or - or dial to choose 18 minutes. High pressure. It will take a few minutes for the pot to come to pressure.
- When the cooking time has finished, let the pot sit undisturbed for 15 minutes to naturally release some of the pressure. Then turn the steam release knob to Venting to quick release the remaining pressure.
- When the pin in the lid drops down, carefully open the lid, facing away from you. Remove the bay leaves and the bone or ham hocks, if you used them.
- Taste and add the salt as desired. Serve hot. The soup will thicken quite a bit when it cools, that is normal.
- This isn’t my recipe I found it online at simply nourishing and tried it out. I liked the fact you do not have to use Ham or a ham hock. I posted it because I use it again and again and tweek it till it tastes the way I like it.????
That's recipes using combination cooking method, Special thanks to [email protected] for making this delicious recipe.