Tue, 03 2020
Patodi marathi dish (Besan vada)Cook time : -, 1 Serving
It's easy to learn how to make maharashtrian snacks recipe in marathi. maharashtrian snacks recipe in marathi is one of my favorite menu.
How to make maharashtrian snacks recipe in marathi easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the maharashtrian snacks recipe in marathi! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- Ingredients to make Patodi:
- 1 cup Chick pea/Besan flour
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 pinch Hing / asafoetida
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- as needed Salt
- 1 tsp Oil
- Ingredients To make Rassa:
- 2 Onion
- as needed Dry Coconut
- 1 inch Ginger
- 8-10 Garlic Cloves
- as needed Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 Star Anise
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small Cinnamon
- 4-5 Black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 2-3 Cardamom
- as per required Water
- as required Chopped Coriander leaves
- as per taste Salt
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan add cumin seeds, sesame seeds, hing, red chilli powder,Coriander powder. Stir it for a second.
- Add 2 cup of water and bring it boil. Add besan flour and salt, stir it well.
- Close the lid and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and spread it on a greased palte.
- Allow it to cool and cut into a square shape. Your Patodi is ready keep aside
- For making masala, heat little oil in pan add chopped onion and saute till it turn into brown.
- Once it done add all poppy seeds, Star Anise, cumin seeds, small Cinnamom, Black pepper, bay leaf, Black Cardamom.
- You have to put coconut at the end so that it will not get burn.
- Saute above mixture till it turn into little brown. Keep aside above masala mixture, once it totally cool add ginger, garlic and coriander leaves grand it and make a fine paste.
- Heat remaining oil, add above mixture paste and saute it for a while, be careful it will not stuck to pan saute till oil starts separating.
- Now add all masala powder to the paste and mix nicely
- Saute the mix till oil starts separating out from masala. Add water in it to make gravy.
- Let it boil while on low flame. Once desired consistency is achieved add patodi to the gravy.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati.
That's maharashtrian snacks recipe in marathi, Special thanks to Deepti Patil for making this delicious recipe.