Mon, 03 2020
Roast Chicken With Au jusCook time : 45 mins, 1 Serving
It's easy to learn how to make roasting cooking method . roasting cooking method is one of my favorite menu.
How to make roasting cooking method easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the roasting cooking method ! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 whole raw cnicken, 4 to 5 pounds, inside cavity bag of parts saved ( giblets ) for the Au jus, except the liver, it is to strong for the Au jus
- 1 recipe for my White Marinade and Barbeque Sauce recipe attached below
- 4 cup low sodium chicken broth, divided use. Half to combine with the marinade the other half for the Au jus
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp dryed thyme
- 1/4 tsp dryed rosemary, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce, such as Franks brand
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 small onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled
- 1/2 lemon, seeds removed
- To make broth for Au jus. . In a medium saucepan heat a film of any oil you have. Add the chicken giblets and brown them on all sides. Season with salt and.pepper. Add 2 cups of the chicken broth and simmer about 1.1/2 hours uncovered until reduced by about 1/2. Strain and set aside to cool.then refrigerate until needed.
- In a large zip.lock bag combine chicken with the White Marinade and Barbeque Sauce and the remaining 2 cups chicken broth. Close bag and refrigerate at least 8 hours and up to 24. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347418-white-marinade-and-barbeque-sauce-for-meat-and-seafood
- Preheat the oven to 425. Spray a roasting pan with non stick spray .Place a roasting rack inside the pan and line rack with foil. Spray foil with non stick spray
- In a small bowl combine melted butter with thyme, rosemary, granulated garlic and hot sauce.
- Add onion, garlic cloves and lemon in cavity of chicken. With kitchen twine secure legs to chicken by wrapping a piece of twine around back. Secure legs with twine and.or skewers.Place chicken UPSIDE DOWN ( breast down ) on rack.in roasting pan
- Brush chicken back with melted butter mixture, season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 15 minutes. THEN REDUCE.OVEN TO 350. The chicken will cook for 15 minutes for each pound. HALFWAY BEFORE COOKIMG.TIME IS OVER, USING FOIL.TURN CHICKEN TO BREAST SIDE UP Brush with remaining butter mixture,.season with salt , pepper.and.sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Remove chicken to a platter, tent with foil.and let rest 15 minutes
- Meanwhile finish Au jus. Into roasting pan add broth that was made in step 1. Mix broth with all chicken juices scraping any brown bits and heat to a simmer. Pour into serving dish and serve with chicken
That's roasting cooking method recipes, Special thanks to fenway for making this delicious recipe.