Tue, 04 2020
Aval /Beatan Rice / Rice Flakes UpmaCook time : 15 mins, 3-serving
It's easy to learn how to make aval snacks in malayalam. aval snacks in malayalam is one of my favorite menu.
How to make aval snacks in malayalam easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the aval snacks in malayalam! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 Cups Aval (Bwown Rice Flakes)
- 1 Onion sliced
- 3/4 Cup coconut Grated
- 5 to 6 Chilly Green
- 1 Ginger "
- 2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ghee
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 2 Chilly Dry Red
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 Cup Water
- Dust aval if any powdered remains are there.
- In a bowl, mix Aval,grated coconut, onion, green chilly, ginger chopped, curry leaves and salt. Mix nicely with your hand by adding water and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- In a kadai, heat oil & ghee, splutter mustard seeds,add curry leaves and dry red chilly.
- Add the mixed aval to it.Mix well. Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Keep stirring in between, so that it cooks evenly.
- Serve hot with shallow fried ripe plantain.
- Note Do not add too much of water, as aval will become mushy. Then it wont be Aval Upma.
That's aval snacks recipes in malayalam, Special thanks to Preetha Soumyan for making this delicious recipe.