Sun, 04 2020
Blanched Kai Lan in Ginger Soy VinaigretteCook time : 20 minutes, 1 to 2 guys
It's easy to learn how to make blanching cooking method . blanching cooking method is one of my favorite menu.
How to make blanching cooking method easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the blanching cooking method ! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 80 g Kai Lan (Chinese Broccoli)
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Dark Soy
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 20 g Ginger (chopped finely)
- Blanching; Heat a pot of water until it is scalding. In the sink prepare another pot of cold water.
- When steam starts to appear, drown the Kai Lan for 10 seconds exactly and quickly transfer the Kai Lan to the cold water and turn on the tap. [This cools the temperature of the veggies and stops the cooking process]
- Once completely cooled, strain the Kai Lan with a colander. Optionally you may want to add a little bit of oil to avoid the leaves from sticking.
- In a small bowl add the chopped ginger, sesame oil, sweet dark soy sauce, rice vinegar and mix well.
- Once excess water is drained, transfer the Kai Lan onto a serving plate and drizzle the vinaigrette onto the Kai Lan.
That's blanching cooking method recipes, Special thanks to Ikhwan Arif for making this delicious recipe.