Sun, 04 2020
Jew's mallow stew with chicken - mulukhiyahCook time : 90 minutes, 6 persons
It's easy to learn how to make frozen seafood selection . frozen seafood selection is one of my favorite menu.
How to make frozen seafood selection easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the frozen seafood selection ! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 kg frozen jew's mallow leaves
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 chicken broth cubes
- 1 large onion, cut in thin slices
- 7 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried coriander
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 bay leaves
- For serving:
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 loaf pita bread, roasted and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup red vinegar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Dip the frozen jew's mallow leaves in boiling water for 1 min then strain thoroughly.
- In a saucepan, heat 4 tablespoons vegetable oil and fry the chicken thighs until they change in color. They shouldn't be completely cooked. Add the bay leaves and some salt and cover with water. Cook the chicken at medium heat for 45 min or until it is well done. Remove foam as it starts to form on the surface of the water. Discard the foam.
- Remove the chicken pieces, strain the chicken broth and set it aside. Remove the bones from the chicken and keep chicken pieces aside.
- In a small skillet, fry the crushed garlic and chopped coriander with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add in the dried coriander. Remove from heat.
- In a deep pot, fry the onion slices until golden with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Add in the jew's mallow leaves. Stir occasionally until the leaves become very tender then add the fried garlic-coriander mix, cinnamon, caraway, lemon juice, chicken broth cubes and some salt. Mix well then pour the chicken broth over the jew's mallow and add water if liquid doesn't cover the mixture.
- Place pot on low heat and let it simmer for 15 min. Adjust lemon and salt to taste.
- Serving the Mulukhiyah is an art in itself; in each individual plate, place first the white rice, topped with chicken pieces, followed by a layer of Mulukhiyah stew. Add a spoonful or more of the onions soaked in red vinegar and finally sprinkle with the pita bread.
That's frozen seafood selection recipes, Special thanks to Cook Lebanese for making this delicious recipe.