Sat, 04 2020
Mike's Vietnamese Spring RollsCook time : 35 mins, 6 servings
It's easy to learn how to make vietnamese condiments . vietnamese condiments is one of my favorite menu.
How to make vietnamese condiments easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the vietnamese condiments ! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- ● For The Rice Vermicelli
- as needed Rice Vermicelli
- 8 oz Rice Vermicelli
- 3 tbsp Pureed Squeezable Garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce
- 1/4 cup Fresh Thai Basil [chopped]
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Mint [chopped]
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger [chopped]
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Or White Pepper
- 1 each Extra Thai Basil & Mint [optional]
- 1 large Pot With Lid
- 1 Strainer
- 1 cup Each: Shreadded Cabbage Or Lettuce - Bean Sprouts - Cilant
- 1/2 cup Sliced Diakon Radishes
- 3 tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 1/3 cup Jalapeño Peppers [or other thai peppers - fine chop]
- 1 lb Pre-Cooked Chilled Large or Miniature Shrimp
- Spring Roll Wrapers
- 12 9" Spring Roll Wraps
- 1 large Bowl Hot Water
- ● For The Condiments
- 1 Bottle Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Bottle Soy Sauce
- 1 Bottle Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Bottle Hot Mustard
- as needed Thai Basil Leaves
- Chop all vegetable ingredients and chill in refrigerator until ready to assemble wraps.
- Dethaw shrimp and place in fridge until ready to assemble wraps.
- Boil Rice Vermicelli as per manufacturer directions minus one minute boil time.
- Strain water from Vermicelli but do not rinse.
- Add all ingredients in the Rice Vermicelli section to the base of the pot you boiled your Rice Vermicelli in.
- On a low heat, add Rice Vermicelli into those ingredients and gently stir until well mixed.
- Allow Vermicelli to cool down slightly.
- Authors Note: You also have the option of mixing Vermicelli and seasonings and all vegetables together for quicker and easier constriction. However, the layered technique [shown above] offers far more flavor and allows you to omit any vegetables certain guests may not find desirable.
- Heat a larger plastic bowl with 2" water in the microwave until hot.
- Place one Spring Roll Wrap in hot water for 13 to 18 seconds. 13 seconds works great for me. Be careful with these wet wraps since they can tear easily.
- Pull wrap out immediately and place evenly on a cutting board.
- Place Rice Vermicelli on the wrap and add each of your vegetables [except shreadded cabbage or lettuce] and shrimp. Don't pile it in too thick or your wrap won't roll properly.
- Gently but snugly fold the bottom half of the wrap upwards over the vegetables then fold the right and left sides inward.
- Gently but snugly roll up the rest of the wrap until sealed. Slightly wet down wrap with hands after it's sealed and place on a no stick surface or tinfoil.
- Repeat this process for all 12 wraps.
- Place all wraps on a serving plate covered with shreadded cabbage or lettuce. Repeat layer if stacking your wraps so they don't stick to one another.
- Chill well until ready to serve.
- Garnish wraps with leftover chopped vegetables and serve with soy sauce, a pre-fabed peanut sauce, a quality fish sauce and a spicy Thai Chili sauce! Siracha works great!
- Authors Note: You can serve these wraps either fresh or fried.
That's vietnamese condiments recipes, Special thanks to MMOBRIEN for making this delicious recipe.