Mon, 05 2020
Matar Pulao - Pea PulaoCook time : -, 1 Serving
It's easy to learn how to make frozen food in urdu. frozen food in urdu is one of my favorite menu.
How to make frozen food in urdu easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the frozen food in urdu! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 cup Rice –
- 1 ½ cups Chicken Stock – Homemade
- 1 cup Peas (Matar) – (Frozen or Fresh - avoid using sweet peas)
- 1 Onion – Medium sized (chopped)
- 2 Tblsps Oil –
- 1 tsp Salt – heaped
- 2 Cardamoms (whole) Black –
- 2 Cinnamon sticks –
- 8 - 10 peppercorns Whole -
- 1 tsp Cumin – ,
- 4 - 5 Cloves –
- 2 Bay leaves , (whole). –
- 1 Green Chili – whole
- Wash the rice 3 times with cold water and soak it for 30 mins before cooking.
- Heat the oil in a pan (it should have a lid) and add onions to it. Let it color.
- Add all dry spices to it and fry till onions are dark brown.
- Add the green chili as well.
- Now add stock and bring it to boil on medium heat.
- Add peas; boil for only a minute more.
- Now drain water from the rice and add them to the boiling stock. Wait for it to boil again on medium heat.
- In the mean while put on a tava/ griddle or a heat diffuser on medium flame on another stove. This will be used to steam cook the rice.
- Once the liquid with rice in it starts boiling, wait for 3/4 of the stock to be evaporated.
- Now place a piece of aluminum foil on top of the cooking pot and seal the pan with the lid ensuring the steam does not escape. Put it over the hot tava/heat diffuser and reduce the heat to low.
- Let the rice cook for 12-15 mins on lowest heat on the stove over the griddle. Open the pan after 15 mins. The water should be dried up and the rice should be cooked completely.
- Mix the rice with the wooden spoon. Let it sit for 5 mins before serving hot.
That's frozen food recipes in urdu, Special thanks to Ambreen Malik for making this delicious recipe.